Broke Home Reviews 4 Things From Straightener Brush to Shoes

Brooke Banks | 8:30 PM | |


More trying out products, yay! Don't worry, I'll have more book reviews soon, but they take more out of me. Plus, I'm kinda working on something big....


Hair Straightener Brush by Sara Mor:

Heated Gold Detangle Comb for Straightening, Infused with Anion, Rapid Heating Ceramic Plates, and Thermal Insulation Tips plus Free Travel Bag and 2 Hair Clips



Look, I'm a lazy girl. Doing my hair is very low on my list of stuff to do even though the general state of my hair is irritating. I just don't have the time or the energy.

Originally, I was getting this straightener brush out for my daughter. She love getting her hair done and straightening it helps a lot. Thankfully, we don't get ready at the same time and have to leave at the same time or we might be fighting over this one.

My hair is a lot of fine strands with bangs I've grown out, layers, wavy baby hair, flyaways, and it's almost down to my butt. I've usually got a bump from just throwing it up in a ponytail.

While my daughter has thick, luxurious wavy hair that's down to her butt and likes to frizz out all the time. She hates putting it up, except for an occasional braid.

This Sara Mor's straightener brush works wonders for the both of us. 

Using a brush instead of the plates feel so much more natural and so easy! It's not too heavy or bulky at all. I was able to do my hair and my daughter's hair. That's NEVER happened before with the plates. Usually I'm dead before she's even halfway done.

Everything about this straightener rocks, but I cannot get over how fucking clever it is to make it a brush.

The automatic shut off saves me from my anxiety and the finger guard saves me from burning myself when forgetting this brush is hot.

I'm a complete and total convert. My daughter loves it. My co-workers are now asking about my hair style in a complementary way. I don't have first hand knowledge of how it works on curly or coarse hair, but there are several positive reviews on Amazon for women with it.

I highly recommend Sara Mor's Straightener Brush. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of our hair before and after, I'll take pictures when I can next time and do an update.


SILYHEART Love Heart Swarovski Elements Crystal Tennis Bracelet



Sparkley but tight on me.

Looks Much Better On My daughter.

See how tiny the circumference is? And the link holding onto the lobster hook is the one that came loose.



  • Sparkly! Shiny!
  • Barely fit me with the last link on the extension & needed help putting it on.
  • Even my 9 year old had to use a couple links on the extension.
  • I had a reaction to the metal, my daughter didn’t.
  • My daughter wore it for 2 weeks before the hook came off. It didn’t break, but slipped off as the holder link stretched out.
  • Hasn’t tarnished or irreparably broken
  • Made for tiny wrists but good costume type jewelry
  • NOT WORTH $100 BUCKS.
  • EVEN THE SALE PRICE IS STRETCHING IT A BIT.

Because the bracelet has been on sale and I got a coupon to review it, I didn't notice the full price at first. 100 bucks?!? No way in hell is this bracelet worth it, TBH.

 Yes, it's sparkly and catches the light well and is very attention grabbing. But, unless you've got the budget to buy one piece of costume jewelry for children-sized wrists and really must have the design, then obviously stay away.

Did I mention the clasp slipped after only 2 weeks?

I never would have bought this without a coupon even with it being on sale. My daughter loves it and makes her happy, but there's no doubt in my mind how much it's worth.




New Generation - Velvet Poster GO Alive Unicorn

Augmented Reality coloring 11x15 Velvet Posters - 2 PACK of Fuzzy Posters





The Good The Bad & The Other
Coloring Fun w my daughter App Took Forever to Download
Velvet Didn't get Everywhere The "Come Alive" aspect is a lie
Markers included are an upgrade from the usual


I am pretty proud of our coloring job. 😊

I'm impressed with how well the included markers did. We only used Crayola markers for the colors not included. We haven't done the pegasus poster yet. We may get back to the pegasus over spring break.

 I didn't watch the video for the VR before hand and just took New Generation's word on it.. The VR letdown really took the wind out of our sails. It's not even close to what the posters are like and is generally terrible.

If you take nothing else from this review: make sure you check out the VR video before getting your hopes up!

Other Designs:


Look, dragons! But I haven't found them ANYWHERE online. It's like they don't exist! BOOOOOOOO!

I wouldn't pay the regular price for them. $20 bucks is insane. Not even an option, not even for the dragons.

For $15 bucks, get it if you love the designs and miss fuzzy poster coloring. Forget the "come alive" part, will you be happy with the posters for this price? For the unicorn & pegasus, I'm very happy I didn't pay for full price.



Before you get excited, ALWAYS check out the videos for the VR aspect. The dolphins, horses, and butterflies are pretty and much better than the alicorn for this poster but not worth $15 bucks if you're not into the posters themselves.

Do you see that giant pink horn? The terrible wings? The whatever facial expression? For something I really love like dragons, my tune might change but it's not online so....*shrug* My daughter wants the dauphin posters and I'm entertaining the idea. Perhaps for her B-day in May if she's still asking for it then.

Cut Out Buckle Ankle Bootie - Low Stacked Wood Heel

Vegan Leather Sammi by J. Adams Campaign



Sorry, no pics of me wearing them. I totally forgot and now that I'm in recovery from surgery wearing heels is not on the agenda for a bit.


  • Had some trouble receiving them. At first, I was sent the wrong size. I had to return them and reorder them as my size 11 wasn't in their warehouse. From another reviewer on Amazon, it looks like there might be an issue with the larger sizing getting shipped right.
  • Had to break them in a bit the night before.
  • Was able to wear it a full 12+ hours the next day. No pain except being used to flats for so long.
  • My feet get sweaty and the smell was terrible with these shoes.
  • Either my feet are extremely wide (news to me) or these are as wide as others say.
  • All scuffs, dirt and bending shows up
  • Easy to clean off so far
  • Heal is solid and love the clomp sound
  • Cute as shit


All in all, easily recommendable for people with smaller feet. If your feet are larger, you might have problems receiving them correctly and may have to work to get them to fit.



That's all for me today, what did ya'll think? Is there any product or type of stuff you'd like me to review?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...