Broke Home Review: Biofinest Self-Care Pay Day + Reviews

Brooke Banks | 4:00 AM | |
Disclosure: I promised a honest review on my blog & social media channels to get a coupon so I didn't pay full price for any of the products. Sadly, they still weren't free.


Biofinest Coconut Oil Hair Mask 

with 100% Organic Shea Butter, Rosehip, Vitamin E- Deep Conditioner for Dry/ Damaged/ Color Treated Hair (250g)
Buy on Amazon: Currently on sale for $12.95 (Reg. $19.95)


I love my hair but hate the upkeep. It's long (down to my butt), split ends galore, flyaways, and *floofs*. With my life and amount of spoons, I throw that bitch up in a ponytail and call it a day. That of course makes my hair worse, harder to treat and the cycle repeats.

Not to say that I haven't tried in the past. I've Pintrest'd up on DIY masks and treatments. Did they help? Yeah, sure but it's such a pain in the ass I gave up. Where is the reasonable Pintrest for everyday people and spoonies?!?


Before & After:

What you can't see in my terrible pictures is how damn soft my hair is! I kept playing with it and stroking it. I haven't bother having my hair down or out of a ponytail in SO LONG.

The process was real simple and quick. It didn't feel oily or drip everywhere. It was easy to apply the right amount and wash it out.

Afterwards, my hair still felt clean. I swear doing other hair masks have been awful. I honestly didn't want to do it again. BUT Biofinest gave me a discount for review and their other products impress me so I gave it a shot. I'm so happy I did! I can't wait to use this on my hair again.

Not a miracle cure, but gave results and even helped my terrible ends a bit. Just a bit because those split like bananas and have to be chopped off.







Biofinest Himalayan Body Scrub 






This is the one product I was MOST excited for as I've heard a lot about Himalayan Sea Salt but have never used it. However, it was the most disappointing Biofinest product I've tried. Not utterly awful rubbish, but not for me.




  • Smells bad in the jar though not so pungent in the shower when using it
  • The large pieces made it difficult to use.


My skin felt nicer afterwards but I think that has more to do with the oil in it. I honestly did NOT feel scrubbed or extra clean after using it. I even tried just using it on my face at the sink and still, meh.

I rubbed it on, a lot of pieces fell off to the bottom of the tub/sink wasted, and mostly massaged oil in my skin. No miracle results or noticeable effects either time.

I'll keep trying since I have the whole jar now, but unless you've used this large particle type scrub before I'd steer clear. Since it's my first scrub like this I don't know how it stacks up against the rest but it's saved by the oil and doesn't smell pleasant so not something I'd recommend.




Biofinest Dead Sea Mud Mask 




This one is much better than the other dead sea mask I tried. It didn't dry out my skin. Instead, it felt clean afterwards plus so soft, smooth with pores minimized, and redness reduced.

Followed with Grapeseed Oil as a moisturizer and my skin was VERY happy. This is being added to the rotation immediately and replace that other mask permanently.






Biofinest Green Tea Scrub 






This one was my absolute favorite. I felt scrubbed clean afterwards with most of the same results of the Dead Sea Mud Mask with one awesome extra: the oil in it meant I didn't need to use moisturizer afterwards.

I LOVE being able to skip a step. Whenever my time is short, the first things to go is my self-care routine. Any time saved is a plus. The smell wasn't great in the jar, but I didn't notice any while using it or afterwards.

This one is honestly worth the $20 full price, but it's on sale now so I'd check it out while that's going. Once you buy a product you get coupons and deals to make you a return customer too!







Biofinest Coconut Milk Body Scrub 






  • This was the scrubbiest scrub of the bunch, akin to a sugar or baking soda scrub
  • Smelled the best
  • Oil meant no need for moisturizer again!



Now I know the Green Tea Scrub and the Coconut Milk Scrub look and sound a lot a like. I prefer the Milk scrub on my body and the Green Tea on my face.

The Milk scrub comes with a couple of benefits that make it worth keeping around, like sagging skin (stupid boobs...) and UV protection, especially since I live in AZ.

Plus, coconut oil is the preferred moisturizer for my body but NOT my face. It doesn't break me out but makes it easier to break out and makes my face feel grubbier compared to other moisturizers.

On each side of the box, there's a breakdown of the benefits shown here side by side:


Hope that helps!


Tl;DR: OMFG HAIR MASK, Boo Himalayan Salt Scrub, YESSS Green Tea Scrub, and Alright You Coconut Milk Scrub.


I haven't had to interact with Biofinest so I can't review them as a company but watch out: they're products aren't Prime eligible. They all have +3.99 shipping. Which makes it all the more important to use those sales and coupons.

If I could only buy ONE, I should pick the hair mask because my hair needs it that badly but I'd want the Green Tea Scrub.

Disclosure: I promised a honest review on my blog & social media channels to get a coupon so I didn't pay full price for any of the products. Sadly, they still weren't free.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...